POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Technology test pictures: Room : Re: Technology test pictures: Room Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:12:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Technology test pictures: Room
From: Martin Hellwig
Date: 15 May 2002 11:29:11
Message: <3ce27ec7@news.povray.org>
> Light is an interesting subject, but it's not too easy for me to see what
> this is all about.. I've been at your webpage too.. Could you explain what
> your version does, that MegaPOV cannot do on it's own?

Hello,
the difference of our modified test version of povray is the way in which
light leaves a luminaire. Original POVRay or MegaPOV use simple mathematical
descriptions like cones. But for most luminaires there exists data files
which describe
the real light distribution of a luminaire. A scene should looks more
realistic with
realistic light distributions.
I included another picture of a spotlight which extremly shows what i mean.
Try
to build the light patterns on the wall with POVRay lightsources.

Martin Hellwig
DIAL GmbH
http://www.dial.de

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'LDTPatternsOnWall.jpg' (43 KB)

Preview of image 'LDTPatternsOnWall.jpg'
LDTPatternsOnWall.jpg